- Are you ready to break free of the everyday?
- Looking for a place where you can think unconventionally?
- Giving the opportunity to continuously innovate; Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an amazing team makes all the difference, where each day brings a new challenge?
We are in search of dynamic leader, a Procurement Manager to spearhead our logistics team. If you are interested in joining a high-growth, well established organization with outstanding growth opportunity, then this is an opportunity for you!
The Procurement Manager will coordinate vendors, negotiations, and analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine the correct timing & quantity of purchases. Also charged with researching and identifying alternate vendors and/or products that meet our quality standard.
- BS Degree, equivalent business experience and/or Supply Chain certifications, APICS a plus.
- ISO and/or AS9100 experience, preferred not required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of procurement experience, preferably within an ISO, AS9001 or a heavily regulated environment.
- Proficient in databases, systems, MRP, ERP Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Have either, managed, lead, coached or mentored more junior teams’ members.
- Material and Service Vendor Sourcing
- Manage a small staff of two (2), while being a hands on leader, active on the floor.
- Source, select and negotiate the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries, and services with suppliers.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Assist all departments with procuring special products and services.
- Ensure supplier compliance.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers. Identify opportunities for long term agreements to establish partnerships with key vendors to control pricing, reduce inventory and improve delivery efficiency.
- Develop and oversee purchasing policy, procedures, and process.
- Create, develop, and implement procurement strategy and polices.
- Create and implement department Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Coordinate with Production and Machine Shop forecasting of inventory levels and shop capacity to execute make-buy decision.
- Work with production and inventory control to forecast inventory levels of purchased products and establish process/procedures to initiate MRP driven minimum quantity purchasing activity.
- Analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine correct timing of purchases.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Production to ensuring operations runs smooth and efficient.
- Oversee logistics requirements of purchased products.
- Collaborate with purchasing/buyers to ensure delivery standards are met and expedited purchases.
- Discuss defective, shortage, damaged goods with Quality personnel, users, vendors, to determine source of error, taking corrective action.
Achieve the requirements and primary accountabilities by:
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting practices.
- Being a team player and working cross-functionally.
- Managing resources and relationships - internally and externally.
- Consistently evaluating processes - recommending changes when appropriate.
- Communicating throughout organization.
- Initiating new, creative ideas.
- Having a willingness to be flexible - adapting to new paths.
- Able to manage multiple projects.
What we have to offer:
- A quality product, you can be proud of.
- Mature company, set to grow by 15% over the next 3 years.
- A culture you can be proud of, family-oriented culture.
- Competitive base + 15% bonus + Amazing benefits paid by employer.
- Mentoring, coaching employee development program
- Benefits (10% match 401K, Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Flexible Work Environment
- Pro-employee team environment that promotes within
- Paid Holidays and Generous PTO Package
We’re looking forward getting to know you...