Quality Control Inspector
- Looking for a career where you can have a direct path to grow, with a growing, stable organization?
- Giving the opportunity for continuously training & coaching?
- Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an amazing team makes all the difference, where each day brings a new challenge?
Look No Further!
We are in search of our next dynamic team member, working as our Quality Control Inspector.
As a quality professional you will be required to inspect and certify both in-house and outsourced manufactured products and provide proper documentation to report findings.
- Perform initial, process and final inspections in accordance with inspection documents and sampling procedures
- Document mechanical, dimensional, and visual inspection documents and/or contractual requirements using
- Experience utilizes tools such as calipers, drop indicators, micrometers, various gauges &comparators
- Setup, program and operate CMM software
- Create, organize, and maintain CMM database including programs, inspection reports and job setups
- Cross-train team members in SOP and programming operations as needed
- Inspect, approve, or reject incoming materials and parts by confirming specifications. Items include raw bar stock, machined parts, castings, springs, and O-rings
- Experience with passivated, annealed and electropolished parts
- Properly document, tag and withhold non-compliant parts.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings across departments, including Shop, engineering, production, and management team
- Ability to interact with Operators, Manufacturing Engineers and Design Engineers regarding technical issues.
- Read & interpret manufacturing drawings, shop routers, manufacturing specifications, quality control documents and have GD&T experience
- Assist in maintaining calibration records
- Support AS9100 audits and compliance efforts
- Takes initiative and is self-motivated
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards
- Experience as a QA Specialist, Quality Assurance professional or Quality Control Inspector within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in CMM Programming and or direct experience as an Operator.
- Familiarity with AQL sample inspection
- Experience performing inspections in aerospace or military and/or defense manufacturing preferred, not required.
- Knowledge of AS9100 standard preferred, not required
- Machine Shop experience a plus
- Reading and understanding engineering blueprints and general knowledge of GD&T.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).