Seeking to add a dynamic hands-on leader to our Environmental & Geology service division. Reports to the Director, Geoservices and works in conjunction with the management team to establish consistent procedures for personnel management and quality control systems. The primary role of this position is to ensure the group maintains the breadth and depth of environmental services capabilities and sufficient capacity to ensure that projects are properly staffed and completed to the satisfaction of our customers. This requires implementing systems to ensure the environmental team members are continually developing skills and capabilities.
- Work with Director and other managers to ensure that projects are properly staffed and tracked to completion.
- Work with Director to plan for and hire personnel as necessary to meet revenue goals.
- Ensure that quality control and quality assurance processes are implemented for environmental projects and partnership contracts.
- Monitor and ensure personnel meet group and individual utilization and revenue targets.
- Establish professional development plans for staff to develop the requisite breadth and depth to ensure capabilities and ability to grow and retain staff.
- Ensure effective communications with staff through formal and informal methods.
- Establish effective goals, objectives, and systems to monitor predetermined performance metrics for the staff.
- Conduct technical work on projects at a utilization rate of at least 80% and maintain subject matter expertise in at least 2 technical disciplines (Brownfield and NPDES experience preferred).
- Assist in the proposal development process by identifying and documenting proposed scope of work and estimated costs for project
- Maintain up to date knowledge in the profession through attendance at professional association meetings, review of current literature and networking.
- Conduct staff performance evaluations and manage staffing issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 to 10 + years of experience in the environmental field. Relevant experience with Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey Brownfield site investigation and remediation NPDES stormwater (wet weather) compliance, permitting, and field services preferred
- Relevant Professional Certifications (PG, PE, LSRP) required.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Continued commitment in self-development of knowledge and expertise including participation in professional associations and continuous education.
- Teamwork and collaboration with internal staff members.
- Flexibility and comfort working under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills and behaviors.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Consistent achievement of individual and staff utilization targets.
- Ensuring that employee professional development plans are created, implemented, and monitored on a regular basis.
- Expansion of work with existing clients
- Referrals from existing clients to new clients
- Semi-annual briefings or articles.
- On-time revenue projections, invoicing of projects, and
- Consistent staff adherence to internal procedures (quality control, timekeeping, expense report preparation, etc.)