Construction Safety Manager
Are you looking to join an innovative, rapidly growing company that values its employees and offers a flexible work environment and the opportunity for professional development? Then apply now, this is the opportunity for you.
We are looking for experienced Construction Safety Manager to join our experienced team. This hands-on position will be based out of our Montgomery County, PA headquarters, although you will be required to travel both daily and overnight, working remotely from a homebased office.
- Assist a wide variety of general contractors to implement effective safety programs
- Initiate and audit high risk work permits (e.g., crane operations, work at heights, confined space entries, hot work, excavations)
- Provide jobsite safety orientation and oversee subcontractor safety performance
- Prepare and present training in safety topics such as fall protection, hot work, lockout / tagout, confined space entry, powered industrial trucks, electrical safety, scaffold safety, cranes/rigging, excavation/trenches, hazard communication, ladder safety, etc.
- Conduct routine (daily and weekly) jobsite safety inspections
- Review safety data sheets (SDSs) for chemicals brought onsite
- Mentor/coach contractor managers and employees in safe work practices
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Occupational Safety or equivalent work experience with an OSHA Outreach Construction Training Certification
- Strong knowledge of OSHA 1926 construction & 1910 general industry standards and best practices
- Effective organizational, communication and training skills a must
- Experience in maintaining OSHA requirements for multiple employer worksites
- OSHA Outreach Construction Training Certification is highly desirable
- Certifications as GSP, CHST, STSC are preferred
- Ability to physically perform the duties and work in any type of environmental conditions
- Ability to work remotely, traveling regionally 40-60% to our client sites, therefore plan to be sleeping in your own bed vs a hotel room. Although overnight travel maybe required up to 3-5%
What we have to offer:
- Named Fastest Growing Company by Inc. Magazine
- Internationally Recognized Brand in EHS Services
- Company Paid Training & Professional Development
- Flexible Work Environment
- Competitive Compensation Based on Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K, etc.
- Pro-employee team environment that promotes within
- Paid Holidays and Generous PTO Package
Must be able to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship