Senior Software Engineer
- Looking for a place where you can think unconventionally?
- Giving the opportunity to continuously innovate?
- Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an amazing team makes all the difference, where each day brings a new challenge?
Look no further!
We are currently seeking a to add a dynamic, impact team member to our growing Engineering department.
- Experience in building quality code adhering to industry standard coding practices
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of FFMPEG and broadcast transport streams that can manipulate the stream down to the byte level.
- Experience in Test Driven Development, unit testing, and dependency injection (D I)
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Work in a fast-paced continual learning environment. Requires independent education with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies to solve business issues
- Ability to translate business objectives into programming initiatives and requirements.
- Ability to positively influence people both internally and externally, with the ability to mentor
- Experience in complex, high performance system architectures
- Intimate knowledge of encoding formats and containers, such as H264, MP4, MP2-TS, AC3, & AAC
- Expert and working knowledge of multimedia concepts such as frame rate, sampling frequency, bitrate, and compression quality.
- Hands-on 5+ years of experience in session and transmission schemes such as SIP, RTSP, RTP, RTCP, MPEG-DASH, and HLS
- Experience with multimedia command-line tools and libraries such as FFmpeg
- Must have strong communication and technical documentation abilities to articulate technology-based decision
- Experience with SDLC processes and have strong project management skills
- Experience within two of the following: C++, C#, WCF, Web API, Entity Framework, .NET framework and scripting
Scope of Work:
- Execute new features, enhancements and improvements to our customers and business users with high quality results. Develop well informed task estimates for any projects worked & execute work and report status against task plans. Participate in operational support and escalation processes to minimize impact of system malfunctions on consumer facing products.
- Adhere to our development processes including the development of all required documentation, defining performance specifications, and conducting design and code reviews. Produce high quality designs and optimal solutions against requirements, architectural guidelines, and performance expectations. Establish code quality goals, define and perform unit and integration testing, and demonstrate through measurable results. Create training materials and facilitate knowledge transfer. Identify deficiencies in standard processes and suggest changes to improve the efficiency and quality of engineering.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of experience.