Manager, Information Technology Systems
Looking for a place where you can think unconventionally?
Giving the opportunity to continuously innovate?
Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an amazing team makes all the difference, where each day brings a new challenge?
Look no further!
We’re currently seeking a hands-on Manager, Information Technology Systems to join our engineering team to support our IT business operations and infrastructure.
Responsibilities, skills and abilities:
- Must have strong hands-on leadership, with superior communication skills to speak fluently and coherently on technology based discussions.
- Project management exposure with the ability to take large IT projects, break down into pieces, delegate, and drive the work forward with the team.
- Experience architecting and sustaining (Information Technology) IT systems.
- Linux web server and tuning experience is a plus.
- Experience at scale, working with and managing multiple sites, services and servers.
- Proven experience managing resources for complex IT projects
- Accustom to architecting and managing projects, reviewing agreements, project execution.
- Managing internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to assess projects' scope and determine resources needed to meet/or exceed objectives.
- Financial acumen, managing project scope and budget
- Managing the LAN/WAN at multi locations
- Experience with storage area networks (SAN) and / or network attached storage (NAS) using iSCSI on top of TCP and Network File System to mount remote directories on the server is a plus.
- Experience with data storage cloud environments, AWS and Azure
- Data editing and file compression, a plus
- In-depth knowledge of networking technologies
- Experience with Microsoft products, Windows Server environments
- Exposure to Oracle, MS SQL Server & Open source technologies, preferred, not required.
- Exposure to Linux operating systems, preferred, not required
- Work in a fast paced, innovative environment that requires adaptable problem solving
- Supporting 24/7 operations
- Enthusiastic with the ability to unite a department to achieve goals.
- Self-starter who is well-organized, inquisitive, detail-oriented, creative and possesses excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with written and oral communication
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships
- Strong time management skills
- Must be able to handle multiple projects
- Proven ability to maintain and manage a dynamically changing schedule and balance overall workloads.
- Minimal, but occasional travel to our Philadelphia, Baltimore, & New Jersey sites.
- Able to manage 5-10 large and small scaled projects and important issues in tandem
- Exposure to waterfall and stage gate methodologies, preferred, not required
- Strategic & tactical required. 80% hands-on, 20% Management
Achieve the requirements by deploying the following:
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting practices
- Being a team player and working cross-functionally.
- Managing resources and relationships - internally and externally.
- Consistently evaluating processes - recommending changes when appropriate.
- Developing a cadence throughout organization.
- Initiating new, creative ideas.
- Having a willingness to be flexible & adapting to new paths.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology or other related fields or equivalency of experience.