Are you ready to break free of the everyday?
Looking for a place where you can think unconventionally? Giving the opportunity to continuously innovate? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an amazing team makes all the difference, where each day brings a new challenge? Look no further!
We’re currently seeking a Controls Engineer to join a growing engineering team. The Controls Engineer will ensure that all controls equipment is designed, built, maintained, updated, working efficiently and programed to specifications using approved engineering practices and meeting industry standards. The Controls Engineering will collaborate with other core department leaders to develop strategic initiatives and drive departmental objectives to support these initiatives. They must possess a working knowledge of process development, machine design and control systems.
- Responsible for all technical support, designing, programming, and commissioning of PLC hardware and software on all types of equipment and machinery across the manufacturing network
- Ability to critically review, troubleshoot and improve equipment’s designs and manage risks
- Promote adherence to good engineering practices throughout Engineering department.
- Maintain all standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with Leadership team, as needed to implement company wide improvements and initiatives.
- Maintain and improve electrical manufacturing documentation
- Work in close conjunction with the VP, Engineering Manager, Process Engineer and Manufacturing Engineer to further department and company initiatives and ensure that the Engineering department runs smoothly in all aspects at all times.
- Maintain controls equipment and network across manufacturing sites nationwide
- Manage, facilitate the use of FactoryTalk by operations.
- Create PLC programs for new process equipment, upgrade for existing equipment
- Create HMI screens for new process equipment and upgrade existing equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field
- Enthusiastic with the ability to unite a department to achieve specific goals.
- Self-starter who is well-organized, detail-oriented, creative and possesses excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with written and oral communication
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships
- Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and important issues at one time.
- Proven ability to maintain and manage a dynamically changing schedule and balance overall workloads.
- Minimal travel to our manufacturing sites.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Exp. PLC programming or hardware design
- Exp. in project management
- Electrical panel fabrication experience
Achieve the requirements and primary accountabilities by:
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting practices
- Being a team player and working cross-functionally.
- Managing resources and relationships - internally and externally.
- Consistently evaluating processes - recommending changes when appropriate.
- Communicating throughout organization.
- Initiating new, creative ideas.
- Having a willingness to be flexible - adapting to new paths.
- Able to manage multiple projects.