Production Supervisor (2nd & 3rd shifts)
The Production Supervisor position will deliver results in a multi-shift manufacturing environment. Operational Performance will be measured via metrics to meet the daily, weekly, and monthly goals of production. A Production Supervisor will be expected to perform a variety of functions which include but are not limited to managing and reporting on daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly Flex targets, tracking and planning their department’s staffing needs, communicating and disseminating production targets and corporate policies from the facility’s Management team down to their Hourly workforce, identifying, investigating, and resolving production and personnel issues within a fast paced, multi-cultural work force. Candidates must have the ability and desire to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, be resourceful and innovative along with presenting a strong business ethic and compliance to leadership and company policies, and a good communicator with the ability to represent the company in a positive manner.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Meets with employees daily, reflecting on problems, solutions, and challenges; thereby creating a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a learning organization.
• Implements and coordinates cross training of department employees to ensure the elimination of all skill gaps, resulting in a more skilled and adaptable workforce. Ensure the completion of required competency forms and certifications, as well as maintains an employee skill matrix.
• Instills and maintains a positive, can-do team atmosphere; holding regular team meetings, assigning team members’ tasks, and coordinating required support services needed. Uses area boards to ensure results.
• Complies with all environmentally safe practices and regulations.
• Supervises the conduct of Root Cause Corrective Action working sessions when safety and quality escapes occur.
• Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
• Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for products.
• Executes to schedules and coordinates activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
• Reviews production and operating metrics and reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent delays.
• Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
• Resolves employee suggestions and or complaints or submits unsettled employees’ issues for further action by Operations Manager and HR Manager where and when appropriate.
• Proven operational excellence experience
• Demonstrated understanding of the production environment, preferably in Medical device, precision components or aerospace. ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or AS9100d
• Knowledge of production processes, quality controls, and costs
• Understand/use techniques for effective control of delivered quality, cost, and schedule in the processing of aerospace products
• Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership; teaming; and production methods
• Thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing work area practices including 5-S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, and continuous improvement processes and able to instruct others in these practices.
• Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
• Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
• Able to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities
• Basic mathematic skills: add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good cooperative skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written procedures and instructions.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced and ever-changing environment with multiple priorities. Required Experience
• 5+ years of supervision/leadership experience in a related position
• 2+ years’ experience in strong quantifiably focused and metrics driven organization
• Medical Device and/or Aerospace industry knowledge preferred
• Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, or Business Administration preferred or equivalent years of experience.
Manufacturing: 5 years
Leadership: 5 years
Production Supervisior: 3 years
Production Management: 2 years
ISO 13485: 1 years
Swiss Programming: 1 years
ISO: 1 years
KPI: 1 years
Project Management: 1 years
2nd Shift: 1 years
3rd Shift: 1 years
AS9100: 1 years
Medal: 1 years
Alloy: 1 years
Machaning: 1 years
Components (CMP): 1 years
Lathe: 1 years
CNC: 1 years