Lead Quality Engineer
TheMasonGroup has a need at our Manufacturing site for a Lead Quality Engineer, at our Willow Grove Pa. office. If you’re interested in joining a growing organization with an amazon culture, this is a great opportunity for you to explore. Includes a competitive compensation & benefits package, combined with work life-balance. If you are tired of the grind of constant travel and long hours and seek an opportunity to work with a team of dedicated professionals focused on quality, then this is an opportunity for you! Reporting to the Chief Quality Manager, accountable for maintaining & overseeing our QMS Quality Management System and department staff.
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards
- Assist and maintain and oversee the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Internal Audits of the System, and work with personnel to improve processes.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, discipline and reviews to department staff.
- Oversee the Calibration of all measurement tools and temperature controls according to standards
- Manage the Corrective Action and Nonconformance processes
- Exposure to machining, metals, plastics, fabrication, and assembly of end products
- Author quality assurance policies and procedures
- Evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Identifying risks associated with the process and develop improvements to mitigate potential issues.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Responsible for document management systems
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Responsible for 15 team members' training & performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant years of experience
- Certifications including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma would be preferred, not required.
- Prior experience in Quality inspection, auditing, and testing
- Manufactured components, devices or equipment experience
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience preferred
- Leadership, mentoring, coaching and training
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Prior experience implementing and sustaining an ISO
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of QA