TheMasonGroup has an immediate need for a seasoned leader as a Quality Manager, based in our Jamison, Pa. offices. If you’re interested in joining a high-growth organization with tremendous growth opportunity, this maybe a great opportunity for you to explore. Includes an outstanding compensation & benefits package, combined with work life-balance. If you are tired of the grind of constant travel and long hours and seek an opportunity to work with a team of dedicated professionals focused on quality, then this is an opportunity for you!
Reporting to the EVP, Operations, the Quality Manager is accountable for leading, maintaining & overseeing our QMS Quality Management System and department staff. Also identifying risks associated with the process and develop improvements to mitigate potential issues.
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards
- Maintain and oversee the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Internal Audits of the System, and work with personnel to improve processes.
- Manage the Quality Department’s KPI’s & report monthly to the executive committee.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, discipline and reviews to department staff.
- Oversee the Calibration of all measurement tools and temperature controls according to standards
- Manage the Corrective Action and Nonconformance processes
- Develop, analyze statistical data & product specs to determine standards and establish a quality and reliability expectancy of finished manufactured goods.
- Exposure to machining, metals, plastics, fabrication, and assembly
- Ability to utilize micrometers, calipers, gauges, and fixtures
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures
- Evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Monitor risk management activities
- Responsible for document management systems
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the training & performance review of personnel in department.
- Quality inspection, auditing, & testing experience
- Prior experience within Quality Assurance / Quality Control in a manufacturing environment
- Manufactured components, devices or equipment experience
- SPC- Statistical Process Control experience preferred
- 3+ yrs of leadership, mentoring, coaching and training
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Product or industry-specific experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of QA
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant years of experience
- Certifications including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma would be preferred, not required.