TheMasonGroup is seeking an Industrial Manufacturing Manager to plan the utilization of facilities, equipment, materials & workforce to improve efficiency of the manufacturing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate integrity and always adhere to the company’s code of conduct and business ethics standards.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Discover opportunities for waste reduction and capacity improvement and proactively drive solutions with and without capital investment.
- Manage Production Managers and Shift Supervisors
- Identify, recommend and purchase new fixtures and equipment to increase capacity and maximize new and existing production line efficiency.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Study time, motion, methods, or speed involved in maintenance, production, or other operations to establish standard production rate or improve efficiency.
- Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Modify equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
- Lead and manage significant elements of the company’s operational excellence efforts, including operational excellence training, 5S system, Lean, 6-sigma, key performance indicators – KPI’s, continuous improvement – C/I, operational communication systems, & best practices.
- Recommend methods for improving labor’s efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Perform process improvement training (Lean, Six Sigma) and train leadership in development and implementation of these systems.
- Analyze data and process inputs to justify improvements.
- Manage projects to a successful and timely completion.
- Assist in financial planning & cost analysis- estimating production labor and equipment costs.
- Ability to develop most efficient workflows
- Ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally
- Technical writing
- Change management experience
- Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and important issues at one time.
- Proven ability to maintain and manage a dynamically changing schedule and balance overall workloads.
- Minimal travel to customer sites.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or other Engineering field
- Minimum 8 plus years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience creating technical documentation
- Exposure to MRP/ERP software