Seeking a Director, Manufacturing to plan the utilization of facilities, equipment, materials & workforce to improve efficiency of the manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrate integrity and adhere to the company’s code of conduct and business ethics standards.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Discover opportunities for waste reduction and capacity improvement and proactively drive solutions with and without capital investment.
- Manage Production Managers and Shift Supervisors
- Identify, recommend and purchase new equipment to increase capacity and maximize new and existing production line efficiency.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Study time, motion, methods, or speed involved in maintenance, production, or other operations to establish standard production rate or improve efficiency.
- Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Modify equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
- Lead and manage significant elements of the company’s operational excellence efforts, including operational excellence training, 5S system, Lean, 6-sigma, key performance indicators- KPI’s, continuous improvement – C/I, operational communication systems, & best practices.
- Recommend methods for improving labor’s efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Perform process improvement training (Lean, Six Sigma) and train leadership in development and implementation of these systems.
- Analyze data and process inputs to justify improvements.
- Manage projects to a successful and timely completion.
- Assist in financial planning & cost analysis- estimating production labor and equipment costs.
- Ability to develop most efficient workflows
- Ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally
- Technical writing
- Change management experience
- Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and important issues at one time.
- Proven ability to maintain and manage a dynamically changing schedule and balance overall workloads.
- 3-5% travel to customer sites.
- Managing 8 direct and 115 indirect team members
- Exposure to AS 9100 -B,C or D, ISO 13485, ISO 9001 preferred, not required.
- Exposure to RoHS and REACH Compliance, perferred, not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or other Engineering field
- Minimum 10 plus years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience creating technical documentation
- Exposure to MRP / ERP software
- Supply Chain experience
- Ability to manage multi shifts and sites (Sites within close proximity- 2 miles)