We’re currently seeking a Controls Engineer to join our custom equipment controls engineering team. The Controls Engineer will ensure that all controls equipment is designed, built, and programed to customers' specifications using approved engineering practices and meeting industry standards. The Controls Engineering will collaborate with other core department leaders to develop strategic initiatives and drive departmental objectives to support these initiatives. They must possess a working knowledge of process development, machine design, and control systems to oversee the high-level development of custom equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to critically review equipment designs and manage risks
- Promote adherence to good engineering practices throughout Engineering department.
- Maintain all standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrate integrity and always adhere to the company’s code of conduct and business ethics standards.
- Regularly review all project and company metrics including, but not limited to, overtime utilization, daily labor reports, profit and loss statements, key performance indicators, project and company financial reports.
- Collaborate with Leadership team, as needed to implement companywide improvements and initiatives.
- Work closely with Sales and Project Management on product requirements and development of cost models for quotation purposes; review quotations from others in the Engineering department.
- Maintain and improve electrical manufacturing documentation
- Represent the company with customers, including speaking technically on a variety of projects and systems.
- Work in close conjunction with the Engineering Manager to further department and company initiatives and ensure that the Engineering department runs smoothly in all aspects at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a custom equipment design environment
- Proven ability to work across departments to support corporate strategies.
- Proven ability to lead the engineer process from concept through completion including design/build of custom pieces and integration of OEM equipment.
- Enthusiastic leader who has the ability to unite a department to achieve specific goals.
- Self-starter who is well-organized, detail-oriented, creative and possesses excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with written and oral communication
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with vendors and customers across a wide spectrum of industry.
- Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and important issues at one time.
- Proven ability to maintain and manage a dynamically changing schedule and balance overall workloads.
- Minimal travel to customer sites.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related engineering field
- Exp. PLC programming or hardware design
- Exp. in project management and/or supervisory role
- Electrical panel fabrication experience
- Exposure to MRP/ERP software