TheMasonGroup has an immediate need for a CNC Machinist If you’re interested in joining a high-growth organization with tremendous growth opportunity, career development with cross-functional exposure; this maybe a great opportunity for you. Includes an outstanding compensation, constant training & benefits package, combined with work life-balance. If you’re tired of the grind of long hours and seek an opportunity to work with a team of dedicated professionals focused on quality & service, then this is an opportunity for you!
- Set- up and operates multiple machining tools to perform a series of machining operations, such as turning, facing, boring, tapping, milling, sawing, and drilling on metal workpieces.
- Analyze specifications and define tooling requirements. Apply knowledge of metal properties, shop mathematics, and required operations. Studies blueprint to visualize machining to be done, and plans sequence of operations.
- Selects and installs work-holding fixtures on machine and secures workpiece in holding fixtures. Selects cutting speed, tool feed rate, depth of cut, and cutting tools for each operation, according to knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Positions and secures tools in tool holders at each station, and positions tools in relation to workpiece. Moves stops, cams, or levers to control workpiece and feeding of tools. Feeds tools to and along workpiece and to indexing tool holders between operations or engages feeding and indexing mechanisms.
- Turns valve to direct flow of coolant, against tool and workpiece. Verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as gauges, calipers, and micrometer.
- Sharpens tools with bench grinder.
- Operates attachments to duplicate profile of template or model on workpiece. Will be required to have specialized experience with particular
material, product, precision level, machining process including welding, or size, type, or trade name of equipment.
- Studies sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequence of operations to fabricate product.
- Operates metalworking machine tools to machine parts to specifications.
- Fabricates, assembles, and modifies tooling to produce parts and assemblies.
- Lays out and verifies dimensions of parts, using precision measuring and marking instruments and knowledge of trigonometry.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Measures, examines, and tests completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications utilizing the latest measurement equipment and other inspection technologies.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Cuts and shapes metal to specified shape.
- Establishes work procedures for fabricating new structural products, using a variety of metalworking machines.
- Confers with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Able to complete welding requirements as needed.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of computer operation, word processing software, database software, design software and the ability to learn required programming software.
HS diploma or GED plus related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.